|Posted on July 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM|
Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Chocolate Crust
(Base recipe slightly adapted from the Cheesecake Factory)
Made this for my boyfriends birthday.... IT WAS A HIT!!!!
• 2/3 box finely ground chocolate graham crackers
• ½ cup butter (more or less depending on how well the mixture adheres)
• 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
• 1 cups sugar
• 1 cup SMOOTH peanut butter (I would not recommend using natural)
• 5 large eggs
• 16 ounces sour cream
• 1/4 cup flour
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
• 2 TBS peanut butter
1. Mix all graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9 inch buttered spring form pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2" up the sides of the pan, (Note: I would recommend lining the outside bottom and slightly around the sides with tin foil. This will help so that that butter does not seep through and also so that the water bath with not seep into the pan during the cooking process) set aside.
1. All above filling ingredients should be at room temperature before you begin.
2. Start by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
3. Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process.
4. Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
5. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg.
6. When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese add flour, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
7. Add peanut butter and mix through.
8. Add the sour cream last and beat well.
9. Pour cream cheese into the spring pan.
10. Place spring form pan into a “water bath” so that the cheesecake does not crack in the middle (use a jelly roll pan and fill about half way up with hot water. You may have to do this again after about 45 mins of baking… making sure the water is HOT both times)
11.CAREFULLY Place on the 2nd to top rack in the middle of a 325 degrees preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes.
12. When time is up, turn off oven and slightly prop open oven door and leave in oven for one more hour.
13. After one hour, remove from oven.
14. Let cool enough before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours.
15. A cheesecake should season; the flavor ripens and becomes enriched.
Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in glass microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time; being sure to stir thoroughly after each increment. Until mixture is completely melted and smooth.
Pour into piping bag and drizzle over cooled cheesecake (before putting into the fridge). Garnish with reeses cups if desired.